Woman suffers smoke inhalation in Seaford flat fire

A woman has been treated for smoke inhalation after a flat fire in Seaford today (Monday, May 8).

Monday, 8th May 2017, 2:19 pm
Updated Wednesday, 10th May 2017, 4:29 pm
Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132343001

Fire crews from Seaford, Newhaven and Eastbourne were called to the scene in Sutton Drove at around 12 noon after an accidental fire broke out in a first floor flat.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) say its crews used breathing equipment and a hose reel jet to tackle the fire.

ESFRS say all the occupants of the building were accounted for although a woman was treated for smoke inhalation by a paramedics.

Fire crews made the area safe and left the scene at 1.04pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.