Fire breaks out in the open in Eastbourne
A fire broke out in the open in Eastbourne last night (September 17).
Firefighters rushed to Decoy Drive to tackle the blaze after receiving a call just before 6pm.
The crews used a flexpack to extinguish the flames.
Then, later that evening, Eastbourne crews were sent to a home in St Agnes Road, following reports of a tumble dryer fire at about 8pm.
However, East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was out on arrival.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera to confirm that the fire was out, then carried out a home safety visit.