Emergency incident at Seaford swimming pool

Emergency services rushed to an incident at a swimming pool in Seaford last night (Friday).

Saturday, 5th October 2019, 10:33 am
Photo by Dan Jessup

Multiple fire engines and ambulances were sent to Seaford Head Swimming Pool in Sutton Avenue at about 8.30pm.

A spokesperson for Wave Leisure, which owns the pool, said services were called due to chlorine affecting swimmers.

They said, “Emergency services were called last night as a precautionary measure due to a particularly strong smell of chlorine that was affecting some swimmers.

Photo by Dan Jessup

“People swimming at the time were safely removed from the pool.

“The safety of our customers and our staff is our number one priority and the pool re-opened on Saturday morning.”