Eastbourne woman '˜too afraid to leave the house' after attack

An Eastbourne woman who says she was attacked by a stranger while out walking her dog is now too scared to leave her house.

Monday, 3rd September 2018, 5:10 pm
Updated Wednesday, 5th September 2018, 7:23 am
Mandy with Angel (right)

Mandy Tucknott said she only leaves her home to go to the doctors after being ‘traumatised’ by the incident in March.

She said she was walking her pet chihuahua Angel along Rotunda Road when she noticed a black Mercedes car seemed to be following her.

After cutting down St Anthony’s Road she turned into Leeds Road when she said she saw the car was still following her.

Mandy says she was left with bad bruising

Ms Tucknott said, “As I got half way up the road, the Mercedes pulled over and the driver got out and assaulted me while the other passenger stayed in the car. Nothing was stolen.”

She was left with bad bruising on her wrists and legs and was very shaken by the incident.

She said, “Since I’ve been attacked it has affected my life. I’ve had to stop seeing my friends and family where I’m too scared to go out and if I do go anywhere in the future I will have to go out with my partner and make sure I carry my phone as the police put a marker on it.

“I’ve only been out with my partner to the doctors and I only take my chihuahua out down to the communal garden where I live, otherwise my partner walks the dog.”

Sussex Police said on March 23 officers received a report from a woman stating on Tuesday, March 20, at around 12.30pm she had been followed by a black Mercedes car from Rotunda Road along Leeds Road.

The vehicle stopped and one man exited the car and assaulted the victim, said police.

One of the men was described as white, 5ft 7ins, aged between 25-30 years-old and of medium build.

A spokesperson for the police said, “All lines of enquiry were investigated, but with no success so both cases were filed, pending any new information.”

If you have any information about these incidents or would like to report matters of a similar nature, you can do so online or call 101.