Youth football round-up

A round-up of all the action from last weekend’s youth matches.

Patcham U121EB Town Yellow1Eastbourne Town salvaged a point in a hard fought match away at Patcham.Despite the condition of the pitch, the home-side dominated early proceedings, taking the lead with a well-taken goal from the tightest of angles. Patcham continued to press and two minutes later Town were lucky to see an effort cannon off the upright. The away-sides pressure finally paid off when they were awarded a penalty for a clear handball. Callum Knight confidently stepped up and buried the ball into the bottom corner. The game remained a balanced affair and Town were proved to work hard for their point.

Little Common U132Eastbourne T U1310A nervous start from Eastbourne was capitalised by a determined Little Common who took an early lead. A Harry Colbran equaliser settled Town but with Common keeper in impressive form, Town were unable to extend their advantage. Town were eventually punished when their defence failed to clear a dangerous Common attack. After a Ben Hollobone equaliser Town reorganised with Jason Tibble marshalling the defence superbly. Eastbourne took full control of the game creating numerous chances, Harry Colbran and Josh Vella-Andrade both completed hat-tricks. Tyler Pearson then grabbed two and an Alex Plummer 25 yard curler saw the team progress into the fourth round of the County Cup. MoM Jason Tibble

Saltdean Utd U134Ratton Rangers U132Ratton took the lead through Darcy Ham. The lead lasted all of two minutes as a Saltdean player latched on to a loose pass and fired home. Ratton started controlling the game, but found themselves 2-1 down against the run of play. Ratton got a deserved equaliser, Jack Dunmore nodding in at the back post. Saltdean got an early lead in extra-time and although Ratton pushed for an equaliser they left gaps for Saltdean to counter-attack with pace. Saltdean were awarded a penalty with the ball being handled on the line. The spot-kick was converted and Ratton’s hopes of continuing their run in the County Cup were over.

Borough Red U145Hastings Rangers2

Eastbourne Borough Under 14 Red continued in their defence of the Sussex Sunday League Cup with a 5-2 win over Hastings Rangers. A scruffy first-half saw the lower league Hastings side give a very good account of themselves. However, a brace from Matthew Rodrigues-Barbosa gave Boro a 2-1 lead going into half-time. Further goals from a Victor Guy free-kick, a fantastic 20 yard strike from Adam Lovatt, and a last minute poachers goal from Lewis Fairs saw Boro’ comfortably home.

Jarvis Brook u144Hastings Rangers2

Boro came from behind on three occasions and conceded a goal in the last minute of injury time, to claim a very entertaining point. Boro started brightly but found themselves behind after 10 minutes. Boro continued to work hard and eventually got a well deserved equaliser. Their joy was short-lived as they went behind again, minutes later. These sequence of events continued throughout the game but eventually Boro took a deserved lead. Boro thought they had done enough, only for Jarvis Brook to snatch an injury-time equaliser. Boro’s goalscorers were Gary Ingram (3) and Thomas McDonald.

Barnham T u141Ratton Rangers u142As the game progress Ratton became more dominant and took the lead in the 15th minute after some excellent play from Regan Smith down the left hand side, the ball fell to Ed Steel, who made no mistake 10 yards out. Finlay Fry extended his sides lead early in the second half, poking in a rebound. In the dying minutes Barnham pulled a goal back with a close range header. Ratton held on to seal a 2-1 victory.

ratton u146ridgeway4Despite Ratton going a goal down early on, they soon equalised with a goal from Tyler Vale-Ayres. Ridgewaye re-took the lead before Ratton began to dominate the game, taking the score to 5-2 with three goals from Dan Beard and one from Oscar Morris. Ridgewaye pulled a goal back before both sides swapped goals late on, Oscar notching his second before Ridgewaye completed the scoring.

ratton Girls U143Tunbridge Girls U142Ratton were on fine form again and put on a determined show against Tunbridge Wells. Alisha Chater scored two fantastic goals with the third coming from Naomi Corrigan. Megan Gates,Indi Roberts, Chelsie Read and Ruby Hilton played excellently in midfield. Nikkita Smith, Rianna Hollebon, Lydia Redman and Fran Scott were as always impeccable in defence. Sophie Bourassa instilled confidence in goal, with Sonia Hamidou and Charlotte Robinson breaking through the Tunbridge midfield.

pevensey & W U1512Ratton u151Pevensey went ahead after seven minutes with a fierce drive from Jack Edge. This was followed by two more goals in two minutes from Harvey Thorpe and Karl Fortmann. The fourth goal came on the 16th minute with a low drive from Harry Prince. Jack Edge made it 5-0 before Karl Fortmann added his second goal. The second-half started much the same as the first-half with two goals in four minutes, the first from Ratton Rangers, Thopre then replied notching his second goal of the game. Harry Prince scored his sides eighth, swiftly followed two minutes later by Jack Edge completing his hat-trick.The last three goals came in the remaining six minutes from Harvey Wheatley and hat-trick hero Harry Prince. Charlie Luffman then rounded up the impressive display.

Polegate Grass U160Saltdean U166Polegate were sent crashing out of the County Cup by the reigning Champions. Decimated by injuries and illness, Polegate were unlucky not to take an early lead when Caylan Parfitt went close. The visitors had a penalty but it was well-saved by stand-in keeper Glen Minshall. However, two goals in quick succession saw Saltdean go into the break on-top. The Hoppers defended stubbornly in the second half – with Polegate man-of-the match Minshall in scintillating form. But with players dropping like flies, they could not prevent Saltdean from adding four more without reply.

East Brighton u182Borough U182

Boro went to East Brighton needing to continue their unbeaten league record. Despite having a good share of the possession in the opening exchanges, East Brighton took the lead on 18 minutes. As Boro pressed, East Brighton broke and scored a second within four minutes.Boro dug deep and a superb header at the back post from Tony Newson gave Boro hope going into half-time. Major changes were employed by Boro and despite having the majority of the possession couldn’t make t count until 88 minutes Chris Williams produced an acute back heal inside the box to give Boro a 2-2 draw.

BMI Sussex Diagnostics MOM – Adam Osbourne