Youth football latest match reports


Black Hawks 0, Eastbourne Town Yellows 13

EASTBOURNE Town Yellow won the Eastern Division of the Sussex Sunday League after sweeping aside a spirited Black Hawks side. It took 15 minutes for the first goal to arrive, Joshua Hardy scoring to give Town the lead. Callum Knight’s low shot added a second two minutes later and Arthur Fleming then notched to make it 3-0. A further three from Knight and one more each from Fleming and Hardy added to goals from Max Duff, Callum Buchanan, Zak Bolton and a brace from Rohan Collins to complete the victory. The boys hope to make it a double celebration on the 25th March when they go to Peacehaven to contest the League Cup final.

Worthing Divas 0, Eastbourne Girls 5

EASTBOURNE maintained their good run of form by beating a doughty Worthing side. Ellie Sanders netted twice and Natasha Dean also scored from a good passing move as Eastbourne sprinted into a 3-0 lead. Despite continuing to have the majority of possession, Eastbourne were unable to add to their lead before half-time. The second half continued in the same fashion, with Eastbourne being denied on several occassions by great goalkeeping. Gaps began to appear late on though and a scrambled second from Dean and a great run and finish from Eleanor Moore completed the scoring.

Ringmer Rovers Pumas 0,

Eastbourne Town Reds 9

A GOAL after just 15 seconds from George Cooper set Town Reds on their way to an emphatic victory. Pumas recovered from that early setback and made it difficult for the visitors, but they were able to add to the lead 15 minutes later with a brace from Callum Baldwin. Charlie Fly then scored the goal of the day after a great passing move culminated in him sending an unstoppable 25 yard strike into the net to give Town Reds a 4-0 half-time lead. Harry Lambird added a fifth shortly after the break and the man of the match then went on to add four more to his tally after Giole Corradetti had hit the woodwork.


Hawks Youth 4, Eastbourne Borough 1

BOROUGH started off brightly in this encounter against their opponents from Brighton and took the lead when George McCarthy netted directly from a corner. Jack Cooper then struck the crossbar as his team went in search of a second and McCarthy struck a free-kick narrowly over the crossbar. That was a good as it got for Borough though, as two goals in either half from Hawks secured victory. Ryan Bennett received the man of the match of the award for a brave performance.


Hailsham United Colts 1, Tonbridge Cannons 0

HAILSHAM United became the first side to inflict defeat upon Tonbridge this season after a narrow win. After an edgy start the game came to life after set-piece specialist Joe Scott scored from a corner to give United a half-time lead. Hailsham missed two great chances after the break in the absence of leading scorer Jake Packham and Tonbridge had a glorious opportunity to preserve their unbeaten run from the spot after a foul was committed by goalkeeper Ben Andrews. The penalty however was blazed over the bar and United held on for an impressive victory.

Hailsham United Juniors 3,

Uckfield Grasshoppers 1

IT WAS a fiercely contested clash between Hailsham Juniors and Uckfield, with the home side failing to convert their chances in a tense and ultimately goalless first half. Skipper Oli Taylor eventually gave Hailsham the lead after his chipped effort looped in and Adam Pye added a second shortly after following a great burst of pace from James Hurst. The win was then confirmed after man of the match Sam Townsend delivered a free-kick that was headed in by Pye, with the visitors rallying late on to grab a consolation goal. Hailsham now look favourites to take the title.


Eastbourne Borough Black 5, ASC Strikers 0

RAMPANT Borough secured a second SSL Division 4 league title win in three seasons after an emphatic win at Priory Lane. Thomas Cyprien put his side in front early on but it wasn’t until the second half that Borough made the victory safe. Great vision and passing saw Cyprie score a second and a brace from the very impressive Clemence Sakala opened up an unasailable 4-0 lead. Callum Strachan added a superb fifth with a placed shot from outside the area, with Elliot Curryer awarded the man of the match award in recognition of his performance and his efforts throughout the campaign.