Slick Boro’ youngsters show title potential

No Caption ABCDE
No Caption ABCDE

Eastbourne Borough Red under-12s continued their push to be league champions with a hard-fought victory against a talented Pevensey side to maintain their 100 per cent home record.

Both teams played some stylish football, however it was the home side who took the lead on 10 minutes with Harry Stanford cutting in from the right and curling his shot beyond the keeper.

Borough had the chance to extend their lead, but failed to convert the penalty kick.

Pevensey worked hard in the second half forcing keeper Jack Marshall into several spectacular saves.

Borough had a number of chances to put the game out of reach with both Leevi Bell and Jake Hicks firing just wide.

The back four held strong and Kai Granhaie, working hard in midfield, Boro took all three points, with Stanford’s goal being the match winner for the second week in succession.

Borough Red U12 4,

Forest Youth 3

Eastbourne Boro Red U12s came from behind twice to beat previously unbeaten Forest Youth.

The visitors went 2-0 up but Boro continued to press and were rewarded when a Jack Rolfe free kick was parried down for Ronny Wickham to clip into the top corner.

League top scorer Jake Hicks finished coolly to level but Forest went ahead again.

Leevi Bell restored parity scoring directly from a corner and the home side took all three points when Harry Stanford fired home from the edge of the area after great work by Kai Grandhaie.

Boro U12 Red 11,

Saltdean Utd 2

Josh Ring opened the scoring with a well taken goal after great work by Kai Granhaie and Jack Rolfe.

Rolfe then doubled the lead with a smart finish at the near post.

Ring netted once more before captain Joey Tivey fired home following an exquisite cross from Jake Hicks. Both Ring and Tivey scored again to make it six.

The second half saw Boro playing into the wind and rain. They adapted superbly to the conditions, with short concise passing.

With Grandhaie dominating midfield and Curtis Stevens solid at the back, the home side continued to boss the game and overcome the difficult playing conditions.

They furthered their lead whentwo Leevi Bell corners were converted by Ring and Hicks.

Saltdean rallied and pulled two goals back,

This inspired Borough further with Ring scoring three more to take his tally to seven and Borough’s to 11.