Latest youth football match reports

Eastbourne Town Yellow U11 celebrate their league and cup double success.
Eastbourne Town Yellow U11 celebrate their league and cup double success.
Share this article

Under 11

Eastbourne Town Yellow 3, Lewes Bridge View 2

Eastbourne Town Yellow secured a brilliant league and cup double with a thrilling win against Lewes Bridge View. Eastbourne fell behind early but responded well courtesy of a Callum Knight free kick. Lewes started the second half stronger going ahead again scoring an excellent free kick themselves. However, it was not to be their day as Eastbourne rallied again with Arthur Fleming equalising with 15 minutes left to play. In the closing minutes, the Eastbourne fans were sent into a frenzy when Fleming grabbed his second goal after good work from Charlie Kendall. Eastbourne Town Yellow squad - Barry Elliston, Callum Buchanan, Charlie Wilkins, Morgan Hagan, Max Duff, Emerson Brito, Andrew Briggs, Harry Gibson, Harry Davies, Alex Targett, Charley Kendall, Arthur Fleming, Callum Knight, Rohan Collins, Keddie Croft, Zak Bolton, Joshua Hardy.


Denton & South Heighton 0, Ratton Rangers 1

Ratton went top of the league courtesy of a late Charlie Ball goal. Both teams defended resiliently in the first half keeping the scores level at the break. A determined Ratton performance in the second half allowed them to take control of proceedings. With 10 minutes left Ratton were rewarded when Ball found the bottom corner with a long range effort. Ratton held onto the lead for a deserved win. MOM Charlie Ball

Ratton Rangers 3 Seaford Town 0

Ratton won comfortably against bottom of the table Seaford Town despite wasting chances.

Long spells of pressure in opposition territory finally took its toll as Finley Fry and Enoch Quarcoo gave Ratton a deserved 2 – 0 half time lead. The second half was similar to the first with Vincent Bass scoring a stunning volley into the top corner of the net. Solid defensive work also ensured Ratton kept their second clean sheet in as many games. MOM Freddie Rogers & Harrison Poll

Pevensey & Westham under 13’s have finished the season on a high with another win. All the players and coaches would like to thank all of their sponsors, Colbran & Wingrove, Eastbourne Property Shop and Archibald’s Decorating Services for there training kits, warm up jackets and under armours as well as all the support throughout the season.

Under 14

Hailsham United Colts 0, Rotherfield 6

Rotherfield exacted revenge on their home defeat to the Colts with a crushing 6 goal victory. Hailsham, with a depleted side, were unable to stamp their authority on the match with their top scorer Jake Packham unable to break free from the shackles of the defenders. Rotherfield were able to capitalise on too many unforced errors from the Colts and ran out comfortable winners to remain at the top of the table.

Hove Riverdale 4, Pevensey & Westham 0

An enthralling encounter finished a draw with a late equaliser from Luke Dando giving Pevensey a deserved point against the league leaders. Dando had put Pevensey ahead early on following a Harry Prince corner. The away side doubled their lead when Jake Botting put through Karl Fortmann to score past the Hove ‘keeper. Dando was the provider for Pevensey’s third goal before the break setting up Jack Edge to head in from close range. A disastrous second half from the visitors saw the home side reduce the deficit and go in front themselves scoring two goals direct from corners to lead 4-3. In the dying seconds of the game Charlie Reeves saw his effort hit the crossbar before Dando pounced to make the game tied. Despite the offside flag being raised the goal was correctly allowed to stand from the referee.

Under 15

Pevensey & Westham 3, Southdown Rovers 0

Pevensey and Westham secured a fantastic cup win defeating division one side Southdown Rovers convincingly in the final. The division two side played some excellent football to reach the final knocking out another division one side in the semi final. Pevensey took the lead after a Jacob Merrick shot hit the post and was deflected home from a Southdown player. Southdown put a lot of pressure on the Pevensey defence but were denied by excellent work from deputising goalkeeper Tommy Cormack. Pevensey managed to extend their lead after a brilliant individual goal from Jacob Merrick. Merrick then sealed the clubs first knockout cup in the clubs history after some clever play by Jordan Ticehurst.