Latest Youth Football match reports


Cuckfield Cosmos 2, Eastbourne Girls 5

EASTBOURNE Girls maintained their good form in a hard-fought victory. Despite finding themselves a goal down within the opening minutes, Eastbourne immediately responded with Georgia Sandell finishing a good move. For the remainder of the half both teams had chances to add to their tally but neither team could quite take any. Cuckfield re-took the lead early in the second half, only for Eastbourne to reply through Natasha Dean. In an absorbing match that could have gone either way, the play became stretched with Eastbourne taking full advantage as three goals in the last 10 minutes from Sandell, Dean and Eleanor Moore sealed the points.


Eastbourne Borough 2, Denton 2

EASTBOURNE Borough Reds carried on their impressive run with a well earned 2-2 draw with Denton on Sunday. A well taken opportunist goal from the prolific Matthew Rodrigues-Barbosa saw Boro’ go into the interval with a 1-0 lead. However, Denton came out strongly in the second half and took a deserved 2-1 lead. The never-say-die attitude which has served Boro’ so well this season meant another chance would come. And it duly did when James Beeden fired in a trademark rocket with 10 minutes remaining. Next week sees the Reds play in the League Cup Final against ASC Strikers from Shoreham.

Denton & South Heighton 0, Ratton Rangers 1

RATTON travelled to league leaders Denton determined to avenge a defeat sustained earlier in the season. The game was very competitive with some excellent defending and goalkeeping from both sides, meaning the half-time score remained goalless. The second-half saw Ratton begin to get on top and control most of the possession. This pressure eventually paid off as, with just 10 minutes left to play, Charlie Ball scored for Ratton with a long range effort that nestled in the bottom corner. Rangers held on for a well deserved victory. MOM Charlie Ball

Ratton Rangers 3, Seaford Town 0

RATTON dominated a bottom of the table Seaford side from start to finish and could have won by more than three goals if they hadn’t wasted a hatful of chances. The first-half saw Ratton camped in Seaford’s half, with the visitors restricted to the odd long ball counter-attack. Goals from Finley Fry and Enoch Quarcoo gave Rangers a comfortable 2-0 half-time lead.

The second-half continued in the same manner, with the third and final goal coming from a Vincent Bass left foot volley into the top corner.

Another solid defensive performance earned Ratton a second consecutive clean sheet.

MOM Freddie Rogers & Harrison Poll


Pevensey & Westham 7, Seaford Town 3

PEVENSEY outscored Seaford in an entertaining contest. Pevensey were behind after just five minutes when George Baker shot low into the bottom corner. Seaford doubled their lead shortly after as William Fermer tucked home a free-kick. Pevensey immediately pulled one back as Jake Botting met Harry Prince’s 30-yard through ball to coolly lob the ‘keeper. More chances followed before Prince scored direct from a corner to level four minutes before half-time. Prince added his second of the game to make it 3-2 to Pevensey before Fermer equalised for Seaford from the penalty spot. Pevensey than ran away with it as four goals in six minutes sealed the win. Botting completed his hat-trick with two well taken goals while Connor Hesling and Jack Edge also got themselves on the scoresheet.


Willingdon Warriors U15 5, Hollingbury Hawks U15 3

WILLINGDON produced an emphatic comeback to steal the points from Hawks. Warriors conceded two in the early stages but Matt Fear was on hand to pull a goal back. Despite Warriors’ possession, Hollingbury scored just before the break to lead 3-1. Warriors started the second half strongly and quickly reduced the deficit through Fear’s second of the game. Fear then turned provider as he crossed for the industrious Nathan Maskell to fire home and equalise. Harvey Fitzpatrick then finished off a storming run that began in his own half to put Warriors ahead for the first time in the game. Mitchell Coleman rounded things up with a great free-kick just before the end.


Eastbourne Town U18 1, 10 Eastbourne Borough U18 Development Squad

EASTBOURNE Borough finished the league stages of the challenge trophy with a resounding win. With some fantastic football being played, Borough went in at half-time 3-0 up with two goals from George Sambrook and one from Steve Willis. Borough completely dominated the second half with some fantastic individual displays from Paul Wetherby, Billy Newson, Tom Wilding and Tony Newson. Further goals from Dale Waring,Wilding, Willis, and a second half hat-trick from star man Sambrook ensured Borough’s win. A spectacular consolation goal for Town was scored by Dan McManus.