latest youth football


Eastbourne Town Yellows 10, Seaford Town 1 EASTBOURNE Town Yellow booked a place in the Sussex Youth League Cup Final with an emphatic win over Seaford Town. Despite going behind in the first five minutes, a double from Arthur Fleming gave Town a 2-1 half-time lead. The Eastbourne side dominated in the second-half and Charley Kendall struck two goals before Fleming secured his hat-trick. Kendall then grabbed his own hat-trick after an impressive team move before goals from Max Duff and Targett gave Eastbourne Town a seven goal lead. Fleming then added his fourth before Callum Knight wrapped up the scoring. Eastbourne Town now play Lewes Bridge View in the final on 25th March.

Eastbourne Girls 10, Newhaven Black 0

AN ELLIE Sanders first-half hat-trick helped Eastbourne Girls to a convincing win over Newhaven Black.Eleanor Moore, Natasha Dean, Sinead Orr and Annabel Wills added to the first-half tally to give Eastbourne an impressive 7-0 half-time lead. After the break Eastbourne’s superior passing game was further rewarded with goals for Ellie Sanders and Natasha Dean. Dean then turned provider when Lily Lemoine converted her corner to complete the scoring and despite a hard-working Newhaven performance, Eastbourne managed to keep a clean-sheet.

Denton 1, Eastbourne Town Red 4

EASTBOURNE Town Red maintained their League title challenge with a hard-fought away win at Denton. Eastbourne Town took an early lead when George Cooper’s found the back of the net from an acute angle. Denton equalized with a stunning strike in the top-corner which Town goalkeeper Giole Corradetti had no chance of saving. Aaron Santos put Town in front before half-time, converting a Cooper corner from close range. Town extended their lead in the second-half when top-scorer Harry Lambird found the net from six yards out. Lambird put the game beyond doubt three minutes from time with Town’s fourth and his 33rd goal of the season.


Eastbourne Borough 13, Little Common 4

EASTBOURNE Borough moved up to third in the table as they coasted to a comfortable victory over Little Common. Josh Vella-Andrade scored six goals to add to his season’s tally while George McCarthy orchestrated play for Borough throughout and grabbed four goals himself. Borough’s other goals included a brace from Tyler Pearson and a goal from Bryn Smith.

Fishersgate Flyers 2, Polegate Grasshoppers FC 1  POLEGATE Grasshoppers lost to Fisherrsgate Flyers in a hard-fought contest. Polegate came under pressured from Fishersgate Flyers from the start and went behind after ten minutes. The Grasshoppers found the Fishersgate defence hard to break down and had few first-half chances. Polegate’s equaliser finally came when a composed Harry Willingham found the top corner from 30 yards with a curling strike. Polegate searched for a winning goal but it was Fishersgate who collected three points with a last-ditch winner.

Horsham Sparrows 1, Seahaven Harriers 1

SEAHAVEN Harriers shared the points with Horsham Sparrows in what proved to be an entertaining fixture. Seahaven took the lead in the first half with a fantastic strike from prolific goalscorer Olivia Goodale. Goalkeeper Alison Whitehead made a string of fine saves as Seahaven started to tire in what was their first game in 4 weeks. Horsham snatched an equaliser and pushed for a winner but Seahaven managed to hold on for the draw.

Eastbourne Town Youth 1, Seagulls 1

EASTBOURNE Town Youth were unlucky to draw against Seagulls in a match they dominated from start to finish. The Seagulls goalkeeper saved well from an early Jason Tibble penalty after the same player was bundled over after a powerful run. Ben Tizzard dictated play from the back and Josh Coleman continuously made surging runs forward but Eastbourne could not break down the well organised Seagulls’ defence and it was the Seagulls who break the deadlock. Ryan Welch smashed home an equaliser after great work from Jason Tibble and Alex Plummer went agonisingly close in Town’s search for a late winner.


ETYFC Girls 2, Newhaven Girls 0

EASTBOURNE Town girls travelled to Newhaven and managed their second win of the season. Town started positively with some crisp passing and good attacking movement. Some good individual skill from Megan Pumfrey saw her clear of the Newhaven defence and she calmly slotted the ball into the back of the net. Town scored a second goal fifteen minutes from time after a good team move resulted in Megan Pumfrey bagging her second of the game. With five minutes to go, Hannah Pumfrey made an excellent penalty save to keep a clean sheet after an Eastbourne Town handball.

Eastbourne Borough 4, Seaford 0

BORO Reds moved to within one point of the top of Sussex Sunday Division one with a well deserved 4-0 victory at home to Seaford. A rusty Boro’ side struggled to get into their usual passing game in the first half, and limped to a 1-0 lead. However, a much improved second half, highlighted by a hat-trick from Matthew Rodrigues-Barbosa saw them to a convincing win. James Beeden created many chances throughout and Victor Guy and Nathan Hover were very effective at the heart of defence. Their sixth league win in succession means victory from their last three matches will see them crowned Champions.


Hailsham United Colts 3, Rawskills Rangers 3

A DETERMINED Rawskills denied Hailsham a much-needed 3 points in a hard fought game. Hailsham were rocked, conceding within 5 minutes. Hailsham pressed and a failed clearance fell neatly for Jake Packham who slotted home. Rawskills regained the lead when a scuffed clearance was dispatched past the Hailsham keeper. Hailsham pushed on and Robin Garnet converted a Packham cross to level the scores. However, another defensive slip allowed Rawskill to regain the lead. The Colts threw everything at Rawskills and were rewarded when Sam Collins hit the top corner from 30 yards to level the scores and win Hailsham a much needed point.

Hailsham United 3, Seddlescombe 2

HAILSHAM United Juniors won in what was a close-fought contest against Seddlescombe Rangers. The visitors took the lead following a goal-mouth scramble but within minutes of the restart, Hailsham’s Oli Taylor hit an astonishing 30 yard leveller that whistled into the top corner. Top-scorer, Adam Pye, then gave Hailsham the lead when he finished from inside the box. Seddlescombe deservedly levelled before half-time, scoring direct from a corner. After the break Hailsham regained the lead when Taylor scored with a half-volley from a Harvey Sanderson corner. Goalkeeper Stuart Carlton made three superb stops to preserve the Hailsham lead and help win all three points.


Shoreham FC 1, Eastbourne Borough Black 4

EASTBOURNE Borough Black beat league strugglers Shoreham FC to keep their title hopes alive. Borough were frustrated for 30 minutes until Thomas Cyprien made the breakthrough following a counter-attack down the right-hand side. A speculative long range effort put Shoreham back on level terms and looked to threaten the Eastbourne title charge. However, goals from Harry Harris, Clemence Sakala and Nathan Stoddernbut gave Eastbourne a three goal lead and ensured Eastbourne took the three points home. Borough now have two home games left standing between them and the title.

Willingdon Warriors 2, Jarvis Brook Cobras 1

WILLINGDON Warriors came out on top of an evenly contested match against Jarvis Brook Cobras. The Warriors started well but it was Jarvis Brook who went in front with a header from a corner. Willingdon were soon back on level terms when Nathan Maskell won a penalty which Matthew Fear stepped up to convert. The Cobras fought back and the Warriors’ goalkeeper, Sam Marchant, was forced to make a brave stop. The Warriors took the lead when Harvey Marshall pounced on a loose ball in the box. Jarvis Brook hit the bar late on but the Warriors were able to hold on to win all three points.

Pevensey & Westham 5, Saltdean United 3 (AET)

PEVENSEY & Westham booked their place in the Knockout Cup Final with a fine win over Saltdean United. Pevensey took an early lead when Tyler Capon finished well under pressure, however, Saltdean hit back immediately and then took the lead after a mistake in the Pevensey defence. Pevensey managed to equalise before the break when John Reeves converted a penalty. Saltdean took the lead after half-time only for Pevensey to equalise via an excellent finish from Jordan Astell. With the scores level at full-time, the game went to extra-time where a Saltdean own-goal and another strike from the hard-working Astell saw Pevensey qualify for the final.