Treleaven bags hat-trick as Town prosper on travels

Ross Treleaven Town goal.jpg
Ross Treleaven Town goal.jpg

Eastbourne Town love their away day travels after extending their unbeaten away run to five matches with a 4-2 win at Hythe Town.

Town opened the Ryman Division 1 South clash at the Reachfields Stadium strongly when Ross Treleaven had two good chances in the opening five minutes well saved by Eason in the Hythe goal.

Matt Crabb then had one effort turned round the post for a corner before the Town player was involved in the opener after 22 minutes.

From the halfway line, Crabb fired a pinpoint free -kick to Teleaven, the forward’s first touch was excellent as he skipped past his marker, Mike Yianni, before bending his shot beyond Eason.

Aldred, supporting his forwards well from midfield, had another chance on 26 minutes but his tame shot was collected easily by Hythe goalkeeper Eason.

However, just four minutes later Aldred did manage to beat Eason, as he converted Treleaven’s exact low cross with ease, to open his Eastbourne Town account..

The high-flying hosts raised their game as half-time approached, and Ethan Strevett was on hand to head off the line as Hythe attacked with some purpose.

With five minutes of the first half left, Hythe got themselves a lifeline through their influential skipper, Dave Cook, who turned the ball home following some good centre-forward play from Brendon Cass.

Town opened the second period in the best way possible as Treleaven restored their two goal advantage within three minutes of the re-start.

Crabb and Treleaven combined again to set up the goal.

The excellent Crabb showed his experience as he held the ball well before playing a super pass for Treleaven.

Once again the home defender’s attention was brushed aside by Treleaven as he cut into the box before repeating his trick of curling an unstoppable shot beyond the despairing dive of Dan Eason.

Hythe again reduced the arrears on 63 minutes with a strange goal. Dolan fired in a cross shot that beat every Town defender before dipping to hit the post, the ricochet hitting Josh Pelling before dropping into the goal.

With Town showing much improved mental strength to go with their enterprise and flair, it took the visitors barely four minutes to, once again, restore their two goal lead.

Again, it was the combination of Crabb and Treleaven that opened up the Hythe back line with another superb Crabb pass setting Treleaven up for his third goal of the afternoon.

This, the first Town hat trick scored during manager Danny Bloor’s three years in charge.

Aldred nearly grabbed a fifth after a mazy run took him into the Hythe box but, having done the hard work, he blazed his shot over the crossbar, much to the relief of the dispirited home defenders.

Eastbourne Town: Pelling 7, Davidson 7, Rogers 7, Elliott 7, Austin 8, Strevett 7, Treleaven 9, Lansdale 7, Curd 7, Aldred 8, Crabb 9.

Subs: Howell for Curd 71 minutes, Greenfield for Treleaven 86, Lockyer for Aldred 90.

Attendance: 235