Eastbourne Borough in no hurry to finalise squad plans
Boss Danny Bloor says Eastbourne Borough are in no rush to finalise squad plans for the 2021-22 campaign.
The Sports have yet to confirm any changes to the team at Priory Lane – aside from under-18s defender Freddie Carter joining League One Gillingham after a successful trial last month.
Bloor admitted plans were in motion to ‘freshen up’ the squad, but those plans were on the backburner for now.
He said: “We haven’t started that process yet. We will be starting that in about two to three weeks.
“We’ll be looking at various options. We certainly don’t want to lose any players that we have.
“For the start of the season we’ll have to freshen up. The two loan boys have both gone back to Queens Park Rangers, Kai Woollard-Innocent and Charley Kendall, so we’ll assess that situation and look to exploit the loan market.
“We’re in the middle of April so there’s no need to rush.”
Borough were flying high and occupied third place before last season’s National League South campaign was declared null and void on March 12.
The Sports also reached the first round proper of the FA Cup before bowing out to League One heavyweights Blackpool.
But Bloor was quick to temper expectations for the new campaign, stating that National League South survival was still the objective for Borough.
He added: “It’s no secret. The chairman has said that the club has had its lowest budget for ten to 12 years.
Our aim will be the same as it was last season, to remain in the National League South.”
Bloor and his entire backroom staff signed a new deal at Priory Lane on March 20 that will see them remain at the club for at least another season.
And the Sports boss was overjoyed that assistant Sergio Torres and coach Darren Teague had agreed to extend their respective stays.
Bloor said: “We are delighted about that. I’m the manager but it’s all about the team around us so I’m very happy with that.”