Mums, daughters, sisters, friends and colleagues will be lacing up their trainers this weekend to take part in Eastbourne’s annual Race for Life this weekend.
The women will be improving their fitness as well as help to raise money for Cancer Research UK to fund life-saving research.
The 5k and 10k events take place on Sunday (June 21) at Eastbourne Sports Park.
Jenny Ainsworth, Cancer Research UK’s Eastbourne event manager, said, “Race for Life events are not competitive. They are not about being fit or fast.
“It’s about an army of women crossing the finish line together in the fight against cancer. Whether you’re a running pro or novice, every step you take around the course will help bring us one step closer to the day when all cancers are cured.
“The atmosphere is incredibly supportive and with fire in their bellies and trainers at the ready, we know that Eastbourne ladies are up for the challenge.”
Visit www.raceforlife.org to find out more.
• Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.