Tumble dryer blaze in Eastbourne home

Fire & Rescue East Sussex
Fire & Rescue East Sussex

Firefighters rushed to a home in Eastbourne, after smoke was spotted billowing out of a window this morning (June 5).

Two fire engines from Eastbourne were sent to South Street at 7.08am and on arrival they found the property to be heavily smoke logged.

A tumble dryer was ablaze inside the building, and crews used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to tackle the flames.

They then used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

The cause of the incident was found to be accidental.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service could not confirm whether the occupants were at the scene at the time of the incident.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page here

3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.