Tumble drier catches fire in Eastbourne

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

East Sussex and Rescue Service were called to reports of a tumble dryer fire in Eastbourne this morning (Tuesday).

Two appliances from Eastbourne were mobilised to the scene in Victoria Gardens shortly before 9am.

A fire service spokesperson said, “Crews used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

“The incident has been confirmed as accidental and firefighters provided residents with a home safety visits before leaving the scene at 9.28am.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display

3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.