Tributes paid to Eastbourne man, Lewis Allan, who loved life

Lewis Allan
Lewis Allan

TRIBUTES have been paid to a 23-year-old Eastbourne man who died suddenly this week.

TRIBUTES have been paid to a 23-year-old Eastbourne man who died suddenly this week.

Twenty-three-year-old Lewis Allan was described as “happy go lucky” and someone who “loved life” by his devastated family.

He became engaged only three months ago to fiancee Sophie Davies and the couple were looking forward to getting married and building a future together.

Lewis, who worked for Southern Gas Networks, had been taken ill at the family home he shared with his parents Yvonne and Brian and younger brother Kirt in Bridgemere Road in the early hours of Monday morning and an ambulance was called. He was rushed to Eastbourne District General Hospital but died just after 3.30am.

Mr and Mrs Allan said this week their son was a “gentle giant” who had a very happy-go- lucky nature.

Lewis’ fiancee Sophie said, “He was my world. We were looking forward to our life together. We have a great group of friends and we used to enjoy going out. Lewis loved tattoos and going out and his car.”

Born and bred in Eastbourne, Lewis attended Bishop Bell School and had worked for Southern Gas Networks with his dad Brian for the last four years.

Lewis’ funeral will be held on Monday October 24 at 3.15pm at the Crematorium and his family is asking that everyone wear purple in his memory.

A spokesperson for Sussex Police said Lewis’ death had been investigated by police as it was believed that he had used anabolic steroids in the past and the coroner’s officer has been informed.

The spokesperson said, “A post-mortem and inquest will be held in due course, but although the death is currently unexplained, police are not treating it as suspicious.”

Lewis’ family have disputed claims he was a bodybuilder who was using drugs and said that while he was a member of the Workhouse Gym, off Firle Road, he just liked to keep fit.

On Tuesday morning police arrested a 34-year-old Eastbourne man on suspicion of the unlawful possession and supply of anabolic steroids. After being interviewed he was released on police bail later the same day until January 11 while enquiries continue.