Have you got a lucky Lotto line you’ve been putting on for years? Well...things are about to change.
Here’s a quick guide to what will be changing from October 8:
* From the draw on Saturday, October 10 onwards there will be extra numbers to pick from:
- You can choose from 1 all the way to 59 - rather than 1 to 49. This is designed to create “bigger rolling jackpots” where there is “more to play for”.
* The jackpot odds of matching all 6 numbers on the current Lotto are 1 in 13,983,816. When the new numbers are introduced this will jump to 1 in 45,057,474.
* A new ‘Millionaire Raffle’ will guarantee a £1million prize in every draw. A further 20 people will win £20,000.
* Match two numbers and win a free Lotto Lucky Dip.
* You can still keep the lucky line you’ve played for the past 21 years - but you can also add a few higher numbers if you want.
* ‘Lotto HotPicks’ - more numbers to choose from (1-59) - and bigger prizes. Matching 5 numbers will scoop you £350,000.
The changes are aimed at ‘making the game more exciting’ and are according to national-lottery.co.uk: “part of a never ending push to make more millionaires and more winners, and to raise as much as we can for National Lottery Good Cause projects.”
To date, £34 billion has been raised for Good Cause projects.
Find out more at national-lottery.co.uk/lotto-changes.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.