A weather warning has threatened to put a dampener on the opening day of Airbourne.
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for the region for today (Thursday) and tomorrow, with torrential downpours and surface water flooding expected across the south east.
Lightning and hail are likely to be additional hazards.
Whether the inclement weather will put off fans of the airshow remains to be seen, but it could lead to the cancellation of displays.
Flying is scheduled to take place between 1pm and 4.26pm today (Thursday).
Highlights include the Tigers at 1pm, The Blades at 3.20pm and Hawk duo at 16.17.
There will also be displays from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, Belgian NH90, Breitling Wingwalkers, Chinook, Jet Provost, Mustang, Spitfire and Tutor.
Airbourne Live stage on the beach will be running between 11.30am-7.30pm.
Big Band Sound at the Bandstand will start at 8pm.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.