Police have released a photo of a man suspected of robbing a security van in Eastbourne of several thousand pounds.
The van had stopped outside HSBC in Edward Road at 10.06am on Thursday (July 9) when a man attacked the driver and made off with a cash box containing several thousand pounds.
The security van driver was hit on the side of his body and his legs with a hammer, but was not seriously injured.
The robber left in a dark blue Volkswagen Golf displaying false registration plates NJ52CHC, which was spotted a short time later in Foxglove Road where the cash box was abandoned.
The car, which had previously been stolen in London, was later found abandoned in Bembridge Road, Shinewater.
The suspect is described as white, in his 30s, 5’ 6”-5’ 8”, with black hair and designer stubble. He was wearing a dark blue bomber jacket and dark trousers and a dark blue baseball cap with NY on the front.
Detective Sergeant Dave Pye said, “If you recognise this man, or saw the robbery, saw the car in the area before or after or have any other information please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting serial 402 of 09/07.
“You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
• Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.