Eastbourne area Magistrates Court results

Results from Eastbourne Magistrates Court, sitting at Hastings, from November 28 - November 30

November 28:

Court news. NNL-170515-160043001

Court news. NNL-170515-160043001

Paul Samuels, 39, of Glynleigh Drive, Polegate, pleaded guilty to driving a vehicle on Edward Road, Eastbourne, on May 22, with cannabis in his blood stream. 
He was fined £250 and banned from driving for one year.

Martins Upenieks, 54, of Belmore Road, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis when required to do so by police under The Road Traffic Act 1988. The offence took place at New Road, Eastbourne, on November 10. 
The court made a community order with a requirement of 100 hours of unpaid work and banned him from driving for nine months.

Toni Young, 31, of Etchingham Road, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to stealing football shorts worth £164.97 from Sports Direct at Eastbourne on June 3. 
The court made a community order with a drug rehabilitation requirement and fined her £100.

James Cave, 32, of Elpinstone Road, Hastings, pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention. 
The offence took place at Sluice Lane, Normans Bay on June 11. 
He was fined £700 and his driving record endorsed with eight penalty points.

Adam Flack, 20, of South Street Eastbourne, indicated pleas of guilty to three charges of making indecent images of children and one charge of being in possession of a prohibited image of a child. The offences took place at Hastings on December 14 last year and involved a total of 151 images, of which 67 were Category A is seriousness. He was committed to Lewes Crown Court for sentencing on January 3 and released on unconditional bail.

November 30:

Marcus Newton, 57, of no fixed address, pleaded guilty to stealing a four pack of Stella beer and a four pack of cider from Tesco at Lottbridge Drove, Eastbourne, on October 8. He also pleaded guilty to stealing a crate of Kronenbourg beer, worth £14, from the same store on November 6. He was sentenced to two weeks in prison. 
Magistrates said the reason for the custodial sentence was that he was a persistent offender who will not comply with court orders.