Residents in Priory Road have been plagued by a pungent pong.
One woman says she has been forced to repeatedly wash her towels and bed linen following the arrival of the stubborn stench on Friday (August 7).
Laura Waugh said: “Does anyone know what the disgusting smell is near Priory Road?
“It started Friday evening and it smelt like a bonfire but an awful smell with no smoke.
“It has filled all the local houses and bungalows every night since.
“Now it’s rained it has brought the smell back up and into our homes.
“All towels and bed linen stinks of it and has to be washed every day. What is it and who started it?”
Can you shed some light on the Priory Road pong? Email the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.