Magistrates Court results

Court news. NNL-170524-154443005
Court news. NNL-170524-154443005

Results from Eastbourne Magistrates’ Court, sitting at Hastings, for August 15 - August 20.

August 15:

Dastan Gashi, 21, of Jordans Lane West, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to two charges of causing damage to a black BMW 3 Series car. The offences took place at Oak Tree Lane, Eastbourne, on May 30 and June 19. The court made a community order with a requirement of 80 hours of unpaid work and ordered him to pay £94.80 in compensation.

Charlyne Green, 37, of Mountain Ash Close, Hailsham, pleaded guilty to driving a Kia car on The Drive, at Hellingly, on July 26, while over the drink drive limit. She gave a breath alcohol reading of 67 microgrammes. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes. She was fined £71 and banned from driving for 18 months.

Janusz Malochleb, 57, of Baillie Avenue, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to driving a Ford Mondeo on Seaside Road, Eastbourne, on July 29 while over the drink drive limit. He gave a breath alcohol reading of 58 microgrammes. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes. He was fined £80 and banned from driving for 15 months.

Thomas Powell, 23, of Larkspur Drive, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to driving a Vauxhall Astra on Etchingham Road, Eastbourne, on July 29, with no insurance. He was fined £100 and banned from driving for 28 days.

Mark Ritzema, 43, of Selwyn Road, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to driving a Toyota Avenis on Selwyn Road, on July 28, while over the drink drive limit. He gave a breath alcohol reading of 65 microgrammes. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes. He was fined £107 and banned from driving for 17 months.

David Garnham, 54, of Wrotham Close, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to driving a Ford Galaxy vehicle on East Dean Road, Eastbourne, on March 21, without due care and attention. He also pleaded guilty to driving with no insurance on the same date. He was fined £140 for each offence, ordered to pay £300 compensation and banned from driving for nine months.

Marcus Rowe, 43, of King Edwards Parade, Eastbourne, indicated pleas of guilty to two charges of sending messages that were indecent or grossly offensive nature for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety to the recipient. The offences took place at Eastbourne, on December 17 last year and February 19. He was sentenced to a total of 16 weeks in prison, suspended for one year. Magistrates said the reason for the sentence was that he had acted like a vigilante. They said: “Whilst the original motivation was a good intention to protect a vulnerable person you thought had been wronged, your actions were deliberate, persistent and aggressive and quite vigilante in approach’. The court made a community order and ordered him to pay £200 in compensation. Magistrates also issued a restraining order.

Wayne Sadunajski, 46, of Port Road, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to assaulting a man by beating. The offence took place at Eastbourne on March 29. He was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison, suspended for one year. Magistrates said the reason for the sentence was that it was a ‘violent and sustained attack fuelled by alcohol’. The court made a community order with a requirement of 200 hours of unpaid work and ordered him to pay £1,000 in compensation. He was also made a the subject of a nine month electronically monitored curfew between 8pm and 6am.

August 20:

Robert McPhee, 33, of Victoria Drive, Eastbourne, pleaded guilty to two charges of stealing foodstuff to the value of £30 from McColl’s at Queens Parade, Eastbourne, on June 11 and 12. He was sentenced to eight weeks in prison.