Kitchen fire in Langney flat

Eastbourne firefighters were called to a kitchen fire at a Langney flat last night (Monday).

Tuesday, 8th March 2016, 9:53 am
Updated Tuesday, 8th March 2016, 10:01 am
Lincs Fire & Rescue News.

Neighbours raised the alarm after a small fire broke out in the kitchen of a second floor flat at Wexford Court, Biddenden Close, at around 8.30pm.

A spokesperson at East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said, “On arrival crews used breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish a fire in the kitchen of a second floor flat.

“A positive pressure fan was used to ventilate the area.

“One adult male suffering smoke inhalation was left in the care of South East Coast Ambulance Service.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display

3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.