A number of homes are reported to have flooded near the Seaside Recreation Ground following this morning’s deluge (Thursday).
Water found its way into several properties in Avondale Road and Gilbert Road.
The recreation ground itself resembled a small lake as the rain continued to lash down, while there was further flooding around the traffic lights at the junction with Whitley Road and Seaside.
Scott Haffenden said: “How many times do we have to experience the drains exploding on Seaside at the traffic lights with Whitley Road when it rains before something gets done about it?
“It’s dangerous. What do we pay the water companies for? I thought part of the bill covered infrastructure.”
Meanwhile another resident reported a jet of water shooting from a drain cover five feet up into the air.
* Do you have any pictures of the flood damage in the Seaside/Whitley Road/Avondale Road area? Share them with us at email@example.com
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.