Seventy-eight per cent more people are searching online for hotels in Eastbourne this summer than last year.
The town comes ninth in a list of coastal destinations in the UK with the highest hotel searches compiled by Hotels.com, beating nearby Bourneomouth into 10th place.
Eastbourne’s 78 per cent rise compares to just 50 per cent for traditional hotspot Marbella and 46 per cent for Mykonos.
A website spokesperson said, “Hotels.com has found that hotels up and down the coast could witness a flurry of visitors looking to make the most of what could be our best summer yet.”
Other UK locations that have seen increases in hotel searches include Newquay (127%), Weymouth (108%) and Whitby (106%).
Carolina Annand of Hotels.com said, “With the weather at its best so far this year it’s great to see Brits taking advantage of the plethora of seaside locations on offer – with Skegness coming out on top.
“Our findings are backed by recent research that also revealed more Millenials will look to holiday at home this year – which this new heat wave will definitely provide a good enough excuse to tour the UK!”
• Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.