A student from Cavendish School has achieved a jaw-dropping 14 A* grades in his GCSE results.
Joseph Hills was one of the success stories from the school, which saw a grand total of 56 percent of students scoop five or more A*-C grades, including English and maths.
Acting headteacher, Ian Swingler said: “We are extremely proud of the achievements of all our Year 11 students, and particularly the progress they have made.
“Our results represent a great deal of hard work and commitment by the entire Cavendish community.
“As well acknowledging the 33 students who gained A*-A grades in at least five of their subjects, special congratulations should go to Joseph Hills who achieved a remarkable and record-breaking A* grades in all 14 of his subjects.
“Alex Garcia- Whittam and Chloe Clifford also achieved 10 A*-A grades.
“There were also number of students who made significant progress in their five years at Cavendish School, and special mention should go to Tiago Lopez, Sam Eserin, Esther Mason and Thomas Mele.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.