Vet charity PDSA will set Eastbourne tails wagging when its national pet wellbeing tour rolls into town, offering free health MOTs for local pooches.
PDSA vet nurses will be on board the charity’s PetCheck vehicles, which travel the length of the UK every year carrying out free health checks, microchipping and providing expert pet care advice. They will be at the following locations:
• Tuesday 7 June, 10am to 5pm – Western Lawns
• Wednesday 8 June, 10am to 5pm – Seaside Rec
• Thursday 9 June, 10am to 5pm – Holly Place, Willingdon Trees
• Friday 10 June, 9am to 4pm – Shinewater Park
PDSA vet nurse Melissa Teatum will run through PDSA’s PetWise MOT for each dog, which assesses each of the five welfare needs: diet, environment, companionship, behaviour and health. A simple traffic light system gives each pet a score, and a personalised action plan to help owners improve their pet’s health and happiness. Additional services including nail clipping and ear cleaning are also available free of charge although donations are welcome. Dogs Trust will also be offering free microchipping between 11am and 3pm each day.
Melissa said, “We know people love their pets and want the best for them, which is why we’re here to help. By offering free, friendly advice and support, we can help owners make small changes that can often make a big difference to the wellbeing of pets in Eastbourne.”
Visit www.pdsa.org.uk/petcheck for more details.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.