Firefighters tackled a kitchen fire in Eastbourne in the early hours of this morning (October 20).
Three crews from Eastbourne and Pevensey were called to the scene at around 1.06am after reports of the fire on Avondale Road.
Crews used breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, which had started in the kitchen.
A man was treated for smoke inhalation and the Fire Victim Support unit provided assistance to the resident.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.