Firefighters were called to a home in Eastbourne on Monday (March 14) night after a cooker burst into flames.
Two crews from Eastbourne fire station were called to a home in Mulberry Close at around 6.30pm.
They used a CO2 extinguisher and breathing equipment to tackle the blaze.
A woman suffering from smoke inhalation was treated by paramedics at the scene but was not taken to hospital.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.