Firefighters reveal cause of Eastbourne flat blaze

A fire at an Eastbourne flat at the weekend was caused by a candle, according to the fire service.

Monday, 1st March 2021, 4:00 pm

East Sussex Fire & Rescue said crews were called to a residential flat on Seaside at 7.40pm on Saturday (February 27).

Three fire engines attended the scene and two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera were used to extinguish the fire, according to the fire service.

The service said the fire was in the bathroom of the property and the cause was linked to candles.

Photo by Dan Jessup SUS-210103-154412001
Photo by Dan Jessup SUS-210103-154412001

No one was reported as injured, according to the fire service.

In response to the incident, the fire service has warned people to take extra care when using candles by having proper candle holders, never leave them unattended and always ensure they are properly put out.

Photo by Dan Jessup SUS-210103-154353001