A fire broke out in an Eastbourne house this afternoon (Monday, December 3).
Two fire engines from Eastbourne and an aerial ladder platform from Hastings were sent to the scene in Northbourne Road, following reports of a blaze at the residential property at about Midday.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) said crews tackled a difficult chimney fire using the aerial ladder platform and a high pressure hose reel.
The fire was extinguished at 12.44pm and crews carried out a home safety visit, the ESFRS spokesperson said.
Photos by Raymond Hughes.