Fire in Eastbourne town centre
A store was forced to close after a fire broke out in Eastbourne town centre this afternoon (October 4).
Fire engines rushed to the scene after reports of something ‘smouldering’ outside H Samuel – according to an Arndale spokesperson.
Multiple firefighters were called to the premises in Terminus Road.
A spokesperson for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said crews were sent to reports of a fire at 1.24pm.
There was a small fire in a wall cavity which was put out using a hose reel, ESFRS said.