Travellers leave Eastbourne seafront
The group of travellers which set up an unauthorised camp on Eastbourne seafront last month left of their own accord on Thursday night (April 29).
A council spokesperson said the group made the decision to leave the site on grassland between the Sovereign Centre and Monarch House flats ahead of any order issued by a court requiring them to move out of the area.
More than 30 adults and 40 children had spent nine days at the site.
A council spokesperson said the area was being made secure and contractors had been clearing the site.