Emergency incident at Seaford swimming pool

Photo by Dan Jessup
Photo by Dan Jessup

Emergency services rushed to an incident at a swimming pool in Seaford last night (Friday).

Multiple fire engines and ambulances were sent to Seaford Head Swimming Pool in Sutton Avenue at about 8.30pm.

Photo by Dan Jessup

Photo by Dan Jessup

A spokesperson for Wave Leisure, which owns the pool, said services were called due to chlorine affecting swimmers.

They said, “Emergency services were called last night as a precautionary measure due to a particularly strong smell of chlorine that was affecting some swimmers.

“People swimming at the time were safely removed from the pool.

“The safety of our customers and our staff is our number one priority and the pool re-opened on Saturday morning.”