Electrical fire at telegraph pole leads to power cuts in Pevensey
Firefighters were called after an electrical fire was sparked at a telegraph pole in Pevensey this morning.
Crews from Eastbourne attended and made area safe before handing over to UK Power Networks, according to a fire service spokesman.
Some homes have been left without power following the incident.
According to the UK Power Networks map, residents in the postcode BN24 6 have been affected.
Power is expected to return between 4pm and 5pm, however it may be sooner for some customers.
A statement on the website says: “We’re sorry for any disruption this may be causing you.
“We estimate the power will be back on: 16:00 - 17:00.
“We may be able to get some customers on sooner.”