Eastbourne roofer found dead at home
A 57-year-old man from Eastbourne died from a drugs overdose, an inquest has heard..
Brian Fuller was found dead at his home in Croxden Way on July 16 last year.
The inquest at Eastbourne Town Hall on Thursday (March 25), heard Mr Fuller, who worked as a roofer, had long term back problems which meant he was on a lot of medication over the years.
His GP Dr Indika Bandara said Mr Fuller suffered from stress due to work and issues with back pain as well as depression.
Detective sergeant Jason Hoadley said officers were called at 7.17pm on July 16 to the house and Mr Fuller was confirmed dead.
Toxicology reports found Mr Fuller had taken a cocktail of prescription and illegal drugs.
East Sussex coroner Alan Craze ruled Mr Fuller died from a drug overdose.
He said, “This was partly street drugs and partly a considerable overdose of prescribed medication. He had been taking an awful lot of strong drugs which he’d become dependent on.”