Fish, olive oil and basil are all fresh, tasty ingredients that literally feed you and your family’s brain power as well as their appetites.
All you need for this simple, delicious dish is ten minutes and a few ingredients from the cupboards along with some pesto and prawns.
Then all you have to do is literally throw it all together into a pan. It’ll become a family favourite though, so make plenty to go around!
Preparation time for this easy-peasy dish is 10 minutes, and it will serve four people.
What you’ll need:-
250 gms fresh/frozen peeled King prawns
Packet of linguine/spaghetti
Small box/can of cherry tomatoes
Five tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 garlic clove
How to make:
1. Fill a large saucepan with slightly salted water and bring to the boil
2. Wash basil and place in a bowl with five tablespoons of olive oil an garlic clove. Using a hand blender, blend it into a liquid
3. Empty the pasta into the boiling water, then drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan and put on a low heat. Check on packet how long the pasta has to be cooked. Do not over cook - Italian pasta needs to be al dente (still has some bite to it!)
4. Chuck the prawns into the frying pan and cook until golden and crispy
5. Two minutes before the pasta’s ready, chop the cherry tomatoes in half and chuck them into the frying pan with the prawns
6. Drain the pasta, then add it to the frying pan along with the prawns and tomatoes. Pour the basil pesto over the top and mix. Sprinkle parmesan over the top and cook for a further minute on full heat.
7. Serve and eat!