Eastbourne Rowing Club captain Alan Warland has urged the town to help cheer on Eastbourne’s top rowing talent to victory in their annual regatta.
British and Eastbourne rower Joe Guppy (pictured) will be in action as will Gareth Bouwer, Mark Mitchell and Ben Board as they row for points in the Coastal Amateur Rowing Association standings. The regatta comes hot on the heels of the Henley Royal and will include nine teams from across Kent and Sussex.
Racing is due to start at 11.30am, with U16 quads starting proceedings. Eastbourne hopefuls Max Fisher, Ben Howell, Matt Whitehead and Lloyd Heathfield will be looking to retain their U16 title.
The regatta is kindly being sponsored by local businesses such as Wrightflow Technologies, B.A Construction & G. K Prodger Plastering. Eastbourne captain Warland said, “We are looking forward to the town’s regatta and I really hope Eastbourne folk will turn out in droves to cheer the crews on.”
Contact Eastbourne Rowing Club for further details.
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West