MEMBERS of local Niten Karate Club tasted success after taking part in their first ever competition.
The tournament was held at Shotokan Karate Club in Kent with over 50 competitors attending on the day.
Each individual performed in their own Kata followed by a three-way match.
Despite being their first experience of a competition James Freebody, Kai Wallis and Mikey Davis all placed in the top three at the end of the event.
In their individual performances Freebody and Wallis placed first while Davis placed third. They came first as a trio in team Kata.
Information on lessons taught by instructor Terry Nifton at Shinewater Court, call club secretary Anj O’Connor on 01323 500701.
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West