Watch what you’re cooking warn fire chiefs

0
Have your say

Avid chefs are being reminded not to leave cooking unattended.

This follows a fire last night at a property in Hurst Road, Old Town, Eastbourne, after food was overheated under the grill.

Two crews were called to the incident just after 8pm and were on hand to ensure that the fire was fully out, fitted smoke alarms and carried out a Home Safety Visit.

According to East Sussex Fire & Rescue, more than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

The brigade have set up a web link for people to find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen.

www.esfrs.org/communitySafety/advice/cookingFireSafety.shtml