HOMEOWNERS are being warned not to leave their dishwasher running at night while they sleep just in case it catches fire.
Two fire engines from Eastbourne and Hailsham were sent to a dishwasher fire on May 28 at 8.22pm in Rye Close, Polegate.
Luckily the occupants were awake when the fire broke out and no-one was injured.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used carbon dioxide to tackle the fire and home safety advice was given at the scene to those living at the property.
Crews left the scene at 8.42pm.