The county council hopes to reopen Eastbourne library next Tuesday.
A water leak forced it to close its doors on Friday (April 8).
An East Sussex County Council spokesman said: “We’ve had a water leak at Eastbourne Library which means that for safety reasons we’ve had to close the library.
“It will remain closed on Saturday and we will be reassessing the situation on Monday once the leak has been repaired and any other necessary work carried out.
“We’ll keep people posted and in the meantime people can use other nearby libraries including those at Hampden Park, Langney, Willingdon and Polegate.”
The council now says: “We hope to reopen it on Tuesday 12 April and will update this message when we have more information.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display
3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.