All Southern railway routes are now open following high winds across the Southern network earlier this morning (Monday).
A spokesperson for the train company said, “Services may still be disrupted as trains are having to run at reduced speeds as a precaution. A temporary timetable which is a much reduced service from the normal weekday timetable is now in place.
“Details can be found at www.southernrailway.com/southern/news/monday-28-october-temporary-timetable/”
Meanwhile the search is continuing for a 14-year-old boy who was swept out to sea from West Beach, Newhaven, at 4.15pm on Sunday.
Emergency services were called to the beach after the boy had been swept away while playing at the shore with friends. An immediate and intensive search was begun involving police, Coastguard and the Newhaven in-shore lifeboat, and was only called off late in the evening after darkness had fallen and the sea became ever more dangerous.
The friends were not swept off and were safe.
The Newhaven in-shore lifeboat is carrying out a further search of the shoreline and a police helicopter has been checking the shoreline for several miles each side of Newhaven.
Local police officers have also been searching along the beach and helping reassure the local community.
Chief Inspector Katy Woolford of Sussex Police said, “All agencies are continuing to do everything possible to find the boy, and our thoughts are very much with the family at this time.”