Overheating cable causes Hailsham fire

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a fire caused by an overheating power cable in Hailsham this morning (September 17).

The small fire in Halley Park had been put out by the homeowner before fire crews arrived on scene at around 8am.

The crew from Hailsham fire station had been sent out as a precaution after the homeowner called for advice in putting out the fire.

Firefighters carried out a home safety visit and confirmed the cause of the fire as an overheating power line.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display

3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.