DCSIMG

Video: Steeplejack braves winds in Eastbourne

Waiting for Video...
 

This man clearly has a head for heights as he clambers up eight stories to carry out work on St Saviour’s church in Eastbourne town centre.

St Saviour’s was built in 1867 after the land was given to the church by the Duke of Devonshire amid complaints that St Mary the Virgin, the old parish church was too far from the residents of the fast expanding new town.

It was designed by George Edmund Street at a time when the Church of England was taking its inspiration largely from its Catholic heritage.

Staff at the Herald’s Berkeley House headquarters often claim to have the best view of the town from high up in their fourth floor offices. However, this man clearly trumps that – by about another 50 foot.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news