A Polegate man has been charged with 20 sexual offences against four young girls.
Dean Davies, 19, of Walnut Walk, has been charged with a series of offences including rape and sexual assault.
The full charges are:
- Nine sexual assaults on a girl then aged between six and seven during 2005 and 2006;
- Four sexual assaults and one attempted sexual assault on a second girl then aged between 10 and 11 during 2006 and 2007;
- Two offences of rape of the same girl during the same period;
- Two offences of rape of a third girl then aged 10 during 2009;
- One offence of rape of a 16-year old girl in February 2013.
The shop worker is due to appear on bail at Hastings Magistrates Court on Friday 20 December 20.
The charges follow an investigation by detectives from East Sussex CID.
Detective Constable Jo Barber said, “Anyone who feels they need support or advice whenever learning of this or any similar cases can call 101 at any time, quoting Operation Linden, and arrange to talk in confidence to specially trained police officers and, if required, a range of local counselling services.”