Two nostalgic visitors pulled into Eastbourne railway station last weekend - as part of a tour celebrating 150 years since the arrival of the railway in neighbouring Seaford.
The steam train on Saturday was hauled by a British Railways standard class Pacific, the Oliver Cromwell, of which there were only 55 built in 1951, with two allocated to the southern region.
They were used on boat trains between Victoria and Dover.
The second train, on Sunday, was hauled by a Stanier class Black Five mixed traffic engine, which, although primarily associated with the Midland region, is no stranger to Eastbourne or Newhaven as they worked the inter-regional trains from the North.
Both trains spent around three hours at Eastbourne while they were being serviced.
For Seaford, last weekend was the first time the town had two main line visitors, as trains were run by small tank engines before electrification of the line.
The last steam train to Seaford was in 1963 when two small tank engines hauled a special farewell train for enthusiasts.
The second train was booked after all seats have been snapped up 48 hours after the first train’s announcement.
Such was the weekend’s success, another train has been booked for next year.
Here is a selection of readers’ photos of both engines passsing through the area.