The sky’s the limit for charity fund-raisers with parachute jump
BECCA Ellison and her friend Celine Mander are among 11 Eastbourne people taking part in a skydive on August 11 to raise money for two charities.
And to help towards their £4,000 target, the ladies staged a cake sale at the Old Town Community Centre in Central Avenue.
They were helped with donations from the Co-op, ESK and Tesco as well as expert cake makers A Piece of Cake and Sophie’s Cakes.
The event was a great success, raising just over £200 towards their target.
Money raised by the skydivers will be divided between the Eastbourne and South Wealden branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society and the Foundation for Sudden Infant Death.
You can give to them by visiting www.justgiving.com/teams/groupskydive
Pictured are Becca Ellison and her Celine Mander with their tasty cakes.
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West