Six years in prison for man who tried to kill with hammer
A Seaford man has been sentenced to six years in jail for the attempted murder of a 33-year-old woman.
Robert Beck, a community family worker, of Dane Road, was arrested in the early hours of Tuesday September 11 last year after police and South East Coast Ambulance Service were called to his home. The victim, who was known to him, was taken to Eastbourne District General Hospital with an injury to the back of her head caused by a hammer.
Beck, 58, who recently changed his plea to guilty, was sentenced at Lewes Crown Court on February 28.
Detective Inspector Gavin Patch, from East Sussex CID, said, “This was a vicious attack on the victim whilst she was asleep in her bed. Fortunately, she was not permanently injured and has recovered from the assault.”
- Top doctors at DGH claim paediatric service is unsafe
- Workers trapped after wall collapses in Eastbourne
- Fire crews in exercise at Langney Shopping Centre
- BREAKING NEWS: Former vicar Rideout found guilty of child sex abuse
- BREAKING NEWS: Rideout sentenced to 10 years in jail for ‘systematic’ child abuse
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Eastbourne
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: West