Lit cigarette causes fire in Eastbourne town centre bin

Fire in town centre bin SUS-151223-114923001

Fire in town centre bin SUS-151223-114923001

0
Have your say

Firefighters have been called to the town centre this morning (Wednesday) after a discarded cigarette caused a fire in a bin.

The lit cigarette was put in a bin outside the entrance to the Arndale Centre which is under construction in Diesel Alley.

Fire crews used a bucket of water to put out the fire shortly after 11am.

Picture by Greg Draven.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at Text to display

3) Follow us on Twitter @Eastbournenews

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Eastbourne Herald - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.